Monday, February 26, 2007

Ginseng Chicken Soup



This is the Ginseng Chicken Soup I had tonight (or yesterday?). It looks great isn't it? I had that at a shop specialized in Ginseng Chicken Soup in COEX Mall in Seoul. It tastes good and its just KRW10,000 (HKD83.25 equivalent!). COEX Mall is at the very central location of Seoul and its in the Gangnam-gu (강남구 / 江南區). It is an upscale community. Things are ok there but still - Hong Kong - I always think Hong Kong is really good. The more places I go the more I like Asia, I like Hong Kong.

Anyway. I'd say Hong Kong's Korean food is very authentic already, although a bit pricey when compared with Korean restaurants here in Seoul.

When I see the white and milky soup I recalled a fren said that chicken soup in Chinese cuisine which are claimed to be made in the 'old way' is that the soup is cooked with chicken skin. That's exactly what it is here. haha - I won't say that it is a must-try but its really good for me to travel around and have good food during biz trip!

3 Comments:

Blogger mausekopf said...

PIG!!

I want ginseng soup now!

always hungry S

12:30 am  
Blogger legomate said...

Actually the mix of kimchi & ginseng chicken soup is good esp. when you find kimchi too spicy or sour. Something HK Korean restaurants are still not 'authentic' enough is that the kimchi in Seoul is really better. The kimchi here is less irritating, even the kimchi offered during breakfast in my hotel Inter-Con (not just those small and family-run restaurants).

12:36 am  
Blogger meowmeow said...

so i know its ginseng keeps u staying late lor..

1:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home