Monday, August 07, 2006

Cream of Mushroom Soup


Today I continued my experimental cooking. This is the Cream of Mushroom Soup. It looks chunky. Yet the taste is not too good. I added too much chopped onion into it and it became too sweet. Then I added salt into it but the taste doesn't mix. Is there anyone could tell me how to improve that?

'cos my intent to add chopped onion is to remove the taste of flour & butter. Now, its right that they have been removed, but now its getting too sweet. I want it to be salty... sigh... but with diced mushroom it is likened by many people. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.. try reduce the amount of onion, add a bit of orange or lemon zest, sprinkle some chopped chives on top just to finish.

10:42 am  
Blogger mausekopf said...

i have never tried putting onion in cream of mushroom soup. forget the onion - melt the butter, take it off heat and then blend the flour in, and after everything is blended, put in your cream/milk, etc. etc.

Maybe you should go into chinese cooking - it's much easier, less fattening, and more delicious.

- mausekopf the chinese cooker

10:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home