Monday, September 04, 2006

Pea Soup & Spaghetti - Part 1

I haven't really had cook too much at home 'cos I've been quite busy lately (and mum doesn't allow me to fool around in the kitchen) hahaha... at last I prepared tonite's dinner. A v informal one, with 2 soups ('cos sis doesn't want garlic soup), pea potato soup and garlic soup. The main is spaghetti with shrimps, roasted pumpkin & smelt (smelt with roe 多春魚).


Pea Soup

Tastes ok. Its made of:

- Chicken Soup
- Peas
- Garlic Salt / White Pepper
- Garlic
- Milk

I boiled the peas in cold water and then put it in the blender with other ingredients. Its not difficult but you have to get rid of the unwanted smell of peas. This time I remedied it by adding some white pepper (actually quite a lot) . I've asked mum on that and it could be fixed by putting a ginger in the water with the pea when you're boiling it. In fact, I would propose adding some fried bacon or sausage in it. 'cos I've also added a little French mustard in the pea soup and it tastes quite nice indeed.




Roasted Pumpkin

It tastes real good. Super simple.

- Small Japanese Pumpkin (about HK$15-16)
- Cut them into small pieces are shown above
- Preheat the oven to 250 oC.
- Put in the oven for about 20 minutes.

Simple and its very sweet. I put it as a side dish to the spaghetti. You'd simply eat the skin of it after roasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home