Monday, January 15, 2007

God helps them that help themselves

Interesting though this line hits my mind when I read it. Probably I'm a person who always depends on others - hehe - but I really trusts this quote.

What's more strange is that although this quote is related to 'God' but I never think that's from Bible. And it really IS NOT. Why its co-related to Bible is that when I tried to search it from the web some sites really try to clarify that its not from Bible (e.g. http://www.gotquestions.org/God-help-themselves.html). What's more strange is that basically its in contrast with the Biblical teaching. God used to help those who are helpless. However, I do not think that God is not helping those who works hard for return. There're parables related to diligent people, namely, the Parable of the Talents (Matt 25:14-30)

Anyway. This quote is believed to be an ancient quote, or originated from Benjamin Franklin from his Poor Richard's Almanack. Hope that I could have this spirit sustained for the rest of my life. Its time to fix those messed up, and improve what has been done nicely. :)

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home